Thursday, October 23, 2008

Movie Review: The Secret Life of Bees

This past weekend, I saw the movie Secret Life of Bees and I loved it.  For eighth grade summer reading we had to read the book, so I had kind of high standards.  Overall, they got all the main parts of the book.  Also, the actors who played the characters were phenomenal.  Dakota Fanning played Lily and she portrayed the character just like how Lily was portrayed in the book.  She had the same fun, smart and loving attitude.  The African American maid, Rosaleen, is played by Jennifer Hudson.  Jennifer Hudson had the same stern but friendly attitude that Rosaleen had in the book and did a great job playing that part.  Alicia Keys along with Queen Latifah, Sophie Okonedo, and Paul Bettanymore played there characters just like the book described.  I would give this movie a 4.5 out of 5 because even though the movie was incredible and was just like the book, it was a little bit to long.

Work Cited
"Movefone".  AOL.  October 23, 2008 .

2 comments:

Brenden said...

I disagree on having high standards for the movie; I don't think the book was that incredible to begin with. The plot and themes didn't seem very original to me, so overall I didn't think there is much depth to it besides making the reader feel good. Maybe seeing the movie will change my mind, but I doubt it will.

Mikayla L. said...

I really loved the fact that you wrote as if you were talking to your best friend. Letting the reading know that you had high expectations made them feel confident that you knew your facts. Another thing i enjoyed was the fact you literally rated the movie, 4.5 sounds like a great movie and i can't wait to see it!